I frequently get asked by clients, and potential clients, what are the reasons I should install an access control system in my business? Now of course this answer is different for everyone, but let me review with you some of the top reasons that a Las Vegas business owner would want to install an access control, or keyless entry system.
- Safeguard your employees and business form unauthorized intruders- A simple door phone and/or surveillance system, and none of your employees need to make themselves vulnerable to an unknown intruder.
- Employee Turnover- With a traditional keyed door system, when an employee leaves, it is usually if not always recommended to change the locks. With an access control system, you just de-activate their card/fob until it is returned, you can then re-issue to someone else or keep it deactivated if it never makes it’s way back.
- Schedule Controlled Access- Do you have employees or vendors that should only access the facilities at certain times? Cards/fobs can be easily programmed to control only certain doors at certain times, this also works in elevators.
- Special Access- Do you have guests that come to your business? Making a special guest card is very easy, and you can give them access only to the areas that they need to be in.
- Not only do you control who comes in or out of your business, but you have a system that keeps track of it for you. So 6 months from now if you want to see who went into your building at what time, it is just a matter of running a simple report.
- Employee IDs- With the purchase of a separate printer, access control cards can double up as employee IDs. Just simply print their ID information directly onto their door card.
The above are just a few of the reasons. Do you have questions on how access control fits into your business? Give us a call today at Las Vegas Low Voltage and we can schedule a free on-site consultation to discuss your questions.